Wisconsin Reef Society

The Wisconsin Reef Society
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:55 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:52 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

AntiSPAM: No
Discovery World/WRS/MARS/FVRS Coral Frag swap. Registration is open for the event taking place September 19th from 9am until 5pm.

Discovery World
500 N. Harbor Dr.
Milwaukee, WI 53202

Discovery World is partnering with WRS, MARS and FVRS to put together what very well may become south eastern Wisconsin’s largest frag swap. We have room and yes, electricity for upwards of 65 traders and vendors. In addition to the coral vendors the clubs are working on providing a full day of guest speakers, demonstrations, used dry goods sale room, and other related activities. Vendors and manufactures will be offered the chance to make a tax deductable donation to the coral/livestock/dry goods auction and or Raffle. Proceeds will go to Discovery World’s Atlantic Coral Project. Just to entice you further, we have already had a few donations to the auction. Alternative Reef has promised a few goodies and there will be a handful of ORA corals as well. I will update everybody with planned attendance numbers and vendor participation as well as the list of confirmed activities on a frequent basis.

Prices for the attendee and vendor packages are listed below, admission includes full regular admission to Discovery World’s aquarium and other exhibits as well as the frag swap activities.

Reservations will be handled by Mike Armgardt from our group sales department. Mike can be reached at 414-765-8618. To make life easier for everybody we can take your credit card over the phone.

Attendee price $8. Pre-registration is required. If purchased on the day of the event, regular admission rates apply. (A regular adult admission is $16.95 and parking is about $14 for 6 or more hours)
Includes: Admission to Frag Swap, Presentations, Admission to Discovery World’s aquarium and all other museum exhibit areas & HD nature films
$5.00 parking for 1 car
Additional family members $8 each
T-Shirts available for $9 each

Trader/Vendor Price $40 per 4’ section of table. Vendor setup will begin at 7am. We are looking into possible Friday night setup for interested people.
Includes:
4' section of table with power
Admission for 2 people for Frag Swap, Presentations, Admission to Discovery World’s aquarium and all other exhibits & HD nature films
One Event T-Shirt
Free Parking for 1 car
Free Behind the scenes Aquarium Tour
Additional family members $8 each
Additional T-Shirts available for $9

We will do out best to post answers and information on the forums we have access to, but any questions, suggestions, ect can also be sent to Discovery World’s organizers, Paul or Ken

Thanks everybody, I hope to see you at the event!

THIS COUNTRY NEEDS TO START THINKING MORE ANALYTICALLY AND STOP GETTING ALL THEIR INFORMATION FROM 30 SECOND COMMERCIALS AND SOUNDBITES. ALSO, IF WE DON'T STOP MAKING DECISIONS BASED ON WHATS BEST FOR "ME" WE ARE HEADING FOR A TRUE CRISIS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:35 pm 

any of you guys going to this??? im working on banners and i have wrs listed as one of the clubs on the banner....

see...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:39 pm 

here is a link to the discovery world about us page....it has a nice vid of the inside and what discovery world is about...

http://www.discoveryworld.org/aboutus.php

and (unless this is a wrong thing to do) here is a link to the thread on reef2reef...

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/f229/discovery-world-wrs-mars-fvrs-coral-24341.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:06 am 

I have a family membership to Discovery World that covers admission. Would additional payment be required to attend the frag swap?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:29 am 

regular membership perks apply, so no additional cost.

Thanks for being a member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:29 am 

I went last year and ill be going this year also.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:21 am 
WRS Member
WRS Member

I there a plan to have another great time this year at discovery world. If so I would be willing to help. I know the organizer of this event takes a lot of responsibility and to make it happen takes a lot of effort. So I was just posting this up to show that me and many others would love to get this going again this year.
Thanks

God Built the Oceans in a Single Day ! It will take slightly longer to build mine . . .

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:10 pm 

I'm interested in knowing if this will be going on this year as well. I've heard from fellow reefers that it's been a great event in the past.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:49 am 

I'm going to have to figure that out in the very near future. I'm going send an email out to the vendors that attended last year, if enough of them are interested I'll do it again. It is a nice fundraiser for our non profit aquarium, its just a pain in the butt. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:21 pm 

Nvm

30 gallon sump/fuge. 150 reef octopus skimmer. Tunze silence 1073.05 return pump. 1400 GPH Koralia evo and 750 GPH Koralia evo powerheads. Lighting, 2 Kessil a150w sky blue and 2 kessil a150w ocean blue.

All the rock my wife and I made.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next