Wisconsin Reef Society

The Wisconsin Reef Society
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:48 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:36 am 

:-bd :-bd :-bd

This is your quarterly reminder for you to check your reverse osmosis water system's filters and membrane.

All systems should get the filters replaced at least annually. If you have poor water to begin with, you may need to change out more often. Our high quality FilmTec membrane will last from three to five years, if the filters are replaced regularly.

Air Water & Ice has not had a price increase in 4 years while we have absorbed the price increases from our suppliers. As a result, in early 2011, we will be increasing our store prices. If you want to take advantage of our old prices ... buy before the end of the year.
Remember to use your reef club's 10% discount code. Enter code 43384 in the “view cart” section at check out.

We do appreciate your business and are happy to help in any way!
We can be reached at sales@airwaterice.com or call us at 772-461-0256

Sincerely, The Staff  at Air, Water & Ice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:07 am 

AntiSPAM: No
I make 4-10 gallons per week (sometimes every other week) - how often should I be changing out the prefilters?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:52 pm 

Location: Milwaukee, WI (1 minute away from The Wisconsin State Fair grounds)
It depends on a bunch of variances. I know that the TDS from the faucet by you is like 150 as I lived right around the corner unless some pipes by you are in worse shape. But I would figure it by the TDS readings from a meter. If its 1-10, typically you change out the resin from the DI and your good to roll. But it varies.... Most people say change it once a year, some more often pending on the readings.....

Conrad

"My friend set half a glass of water in from me. He asked if I was an optimist or a pessimist. So I drank the water and told him I was a problem solver."

300G DD Display, 365G Sump with two dual downdraft skimmers, santa monica surf4x scrubber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:52 pm 

My TDS is around 150ish from the tap. Typically < 8 or so from the RO and always 0 from the DI.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:07 am 

Location: Milwaukee, WI (1 minute away from The Wisconsin State Fair grounds)
Well if you are at 0 from the DI, you are good. When the readings from the filters become 15+ and the resin doesn't bring it to 0. Its time to change. But we have very good water here, so its not typically what others change theres at. People always just say to keep and eye on it and when its above 0, time to change the DI and if that doesnt work, change the rest. Mines been at 0 for just about year here and I'm betting that I will have to change it this winter

Conrad

"My friend set half a glass of water in from me. He asked if I was an optimist or a pessimist. So I drank the water and told him I was a problem solver."

300G DD Display, 365G Sump with two dual downdraft skimmers, santa monica surf4x scrubber