The Wisconsin Reef Society
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:58 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Re: just my 2 cents.....
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:16 pm 

plainrt wrote:
clowningaround wrote:
plainrt wrote:
I didnt make this to bash or anything as i like the store alot.Just wanted to see if could work on price thing in the fish dept.I still will make the 40 min drive down there instead of going to the local dump that is few blocks away.

Local dump...you must live in Sheboygan...

lol...........correct.The feedbag blows the local dump away.I agree the feedbag is one of the best we have in the area.Just need some prices on stuff in the fish dept.I did think everything looked pretty healthy.

Agreed, the Feedbag really dose have the best marine fish and corals around. Most stores in the area have sick fish and corals that are surrounded by algae. I saw a flame angel fish at your local fish dump with one eye completely out of its socket and they still wanted $70 for it.

30 gallon sump/fuge. 150 reef octopus skimmer. Tunze silence 1073.05 return pump. 1400 GPH Koralia evo and 750 GPH Koralia evo powerheads. Lighting, 2 Kessil a150w sky blue and 2 kessil a150w ocean blue.

All the rock my wife and I made.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:44 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

Yeah they have the one eyed flames all the time there.Sad thing is i know there are people on this board that love to support that f'n place just cause its close.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:01 am 

:-t :-t :-t :-t :-t TIME OUT.... The feed bag is a long way from being a dump. If they were more local for me I would stop by there all the time looking for that nice score. But for me to travel over an hour to visit, Its just not worth it. I just feel like the cat & dog section is their bread and butter. The store is clean but the corals looked kinda rough. We should support the locals...because if we are in a jam they are the first one we go to. RIGHT ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:05 am 

AntiSPAM: No
They're not saying the Feedbag is a dump. I think they're referring to the place in Sheboygan.

I talked to the one guy in Sheboygan who IS really helpful about the fish with bad eye. He said someone ordered it and it came in that way. They were trying to nurse it back to health I guess... I live in Sheboygan so I buy my salt there, food, filter stuff, etc. Their fish dept. could really improve if the ownership would listen to one of their employees who really likes his job and has some great ideas.

The Feedbag is a really nice store, but I see Plainrt's point. Sheboygan to Mequon is a hike and it's frustrating to drive all that way and then not have anyone there to help you.