Wisconsin Reef Society

The Wisconsin Reef Society
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:45 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: very disappointed
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:39 pm 

I was at the Feed Bag this morning and was very disappointed with the LACK of CUSTOMER SERVICE I received. When I walked in this morning there were two sales associates behind the counter (an older guy and a kid). Neither one of them greeted me. I proceeded to the fish room, thinking that one of them would eventually follow me in and ask if they could be of assistance (I thought that since I was the only customer at the time). Nope, never happened. Their corals although in good shape weren't anything special, nothing that wowed you. They did have better selections in the past. Nothing was priced. As I was leaving the older guy behind the counter asked "if I was finding everything ok" to which I replied yep; the kid said "thanks for stopping in". To which I thought I wish I hadn't. With places like Best fish, other LFS, on-line shopping and frag swaps as competition you would think that they would try do make the customer feel more welcome (or just welcome) to shop at their store. It was like being at Aquatic Unlimited. Anway I won't be back. Not worth it.

Post subject: Re: very disappointed
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:50 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

yep sorry to say it went down hill big time after joe left.I had same thing happen last time i stopped in.Never again unless some things are changed. :-q

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:12 pm 

Wow, I find that odd. I never have a problem with customer service. Every time I've been in there Tom (the new fish guy) is always there to help me with whatever I need.
(also do note that the coral tank probably didnt have prices on it because he is re-doing the system....was close to complete a week or two ago...so it might have not been finished yet)

?***shrug***?

Check out my jewelry work at http://www.ellaments.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:18 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

Man it was like 2 months ago when i was in there and jack smit had prices on it....................If still hasnt changed thats sad.Place use to my favorite store in the area but not anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:27 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

AntiSPAM: No
plainrt wrote:
Man it was like 2 months ago when i was in there and jack smit had prices on it....................If still hasnt changed thats sad.Place use to my favorite store in the area but not anymore.

Jason,

I think you stopped in when Tom was on vacation. Things went to hell quick that 10 days he was gone. I went there when he came back, and it was a mess.

I'm running low on dog food, will have to check it out to see whats up.

Apex Status
Apex Program
Apex History

For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them.

program n. A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's input into error messages - vt. To engage in a pastime similar to banging one's head against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:38 pm 

They just got done redoing all of the tanks to make maintenance easier. It's looking a lot better, but they need to get some nicer stuff in, IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:46 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

barbianj wrote:
They just got done redoing all of the tanks to make maintenance easier. It's looking a lot better, but they need to get some nicer stuff in, IMO.

Tom mentioned that he was going to plumb the tanks together in banks. Is that all done?

Apex Status
Apex Program
Apex History

For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them.

program n. A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's input into error messages - vt. To engage in a pastime similar to banging one's head against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:48 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

Yeah i was in there when he was on vaca i guess but the poster here saying stuff still not priced as it wasnt when i was in there months ago.I hope things do change for the better soon as i really did like the store.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:04 pm 

tomstechnic wrote:
barbianj wrote:

Tom mentioned that he was going to plumb the tanks together in banks. Is that all done?

That's all done now. He also added a fuge tank on the end, and has a new helper for the fish room. I don't recall prices on the corals, I stopped in for a bulkhead.

Quote:
Yeah i was in there when he was on vaca i guess but the poster here saying stuff still not priced as it wasnt when i was in there months ago.I hope things do change for the better soon as i really did like the store.

Yeah, things weren't looking so good then.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:33 pm 

I have never been disappointed after visiting The Feed Bag. The fish are always in good condition, Tom is extremely knowledgeable and is willing to apply his knowledge to any type of setup. If you want a nano reef, or an enormous fowlr- he does not try to manipulate you into whatever is the most expensive. He knows what beginners need and what experts want. He also takes time to know all of his clients personally so he can make proper recommendations. Nothing bad to say here, and the fish room is growing monthly- join the mailing list, too.