Wisconsin Reef Society

The Wisconsin Reef Society
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:44 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Regarding Limpits Coral Blend
Poll ended at Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:16 pm
Yes, omit the garlic and nutritional additives from the Coral Blend. 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
No, leave things just the way they are. 77%  77%  [ 20 ]
Total votes: 26
 Post subject: Attn: Coral Blend users
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:16 pm 

AntiSPAM: No
It has been brought to my attention that some of you who are using Limpits Reef Buffet Coral Blend would like to see the garlic and nutritional additives removed from the food.
The reason behind why I have left those items in there because some users are feeding the Coral Blend to their small fish.
It would be no bother for me to leave the garlic, multi vitamins, omega 3 and amino acids out of the product. Only thing I would need to do would be to have the labeling changed.
Some of you who have been here since the beginning know that I value user input so I am posting this poll about the Coral Blend.
I am always open for ways to improve my product and will take into consideration the results of this poll.

Please only vote if you are currently feeding or have fed my Coral Blend in the past.
Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:25 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

Leave it.I saw the post on mars but i have no issues with it.Best food i have used. :-bd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:56 pm 

I blend coral and OG then put in tank.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:21 pm 

Errr, so I'm the only one to vote yes so far. I would use the food either way, but I see absolutely no use for garlic, and I didn't add amino's or other additives when I made my own food. I buy it for the quality of the actual food components, and will continue to do so. :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:33 pm 

i use it for mainly feeding fish and indirect coral feedings. my fish devour it wether its the coral blend or the regular stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:26 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

I vote to leave it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:47 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

barbianj wrote:
Errr, so I'm the only one to vote yes so far. I would use the food either way, but I see absolutely no use for garlic, and I didn't add amino's or other additives when I made my own food. I buy it for the quality of the actual food components, and will continue to do so. :D

I voted to remove it.. I havent read the mars post but i will tell what i experiance..
Skimmer Blowing up everytime i use the food.. While i really dont mind this especially in the fish food when i feed coral i dont know if garlic or the other things really matter.. Like Jerry said, quality food is mostlikey the most important thing..

God Built the Oceans in a Single Day ! It will take slightly longer to build mine . . .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:01 pm 

I don't run a skimmer right now, however, there is some surface agitation in the skimmer portion of my sump. With my most recent package of limpits reef blend, not coral blend, a layer of fine foam builds up on the surface. I have just under 100 gallons of water in my system, and feed a piece the size of my thumbnail daily. I would hate to see the reaction caused in a tank with a higher food to water volume ratio! The surface scum shows up shortly after feeding, and looks like it would be thick/slimy. When you touch it, it is not actually thick, that is just appearance. I can certainly see how this would cause skimmers to go crazy. This is my 4th package of limpits reef blend, I do not recall this happening on the previous packages. My fish still love the stuff, that is for sure!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:31 pm 

Is this why my skimmer keeps going ape #$%@? I had no idea what was causing it, it has to be turned ALL the way down and is still touch and go. However, my fish, inverts, and coral seems to be very happy. UGH, I don't know which way to vote...

It's time for a Revolution.
Know Your Rights!

Sgt/USMC Retired
OIF Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:43 pm 

OK, I decided. I say keep, all my occupants appear to be healthy and happy...except my watchman, but that's just how he looks, haha.

It's time for a Revolution.
Know Your Rights!

Sgt/USMC Retired
OIF Veteran