Wisconsin Reef Society

The Wisconsin Reef Society
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:07 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:32 am 

AntiSPAM: No
You know I am in...Always fun. Dale you and I can carpool to Boomsville B-). Try and stay on topic this is about a tour not a lack of interest in something.

Thanks all

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:17 am 

I know I have the backyard to host the bbq, but I don't have the room inside for inclimate weather. I read somewhere to prepare for 50 people? I have a bigger house and don't have room for 50 people. I think the people that can host inside AND outside are limited. (but, I don't know)
With my daughter being gone every other weekend and August having my birthday in there, it's a busy month for me. Family is very important to me, if I have a family event going on the same day as a club meeting, sorry family wins.
I don't know if I can make it, so IMO I don't feel like I should vote on something I am not sure I'm going to attend.
I've heard great things about the bbq, if I can make it, I will. That's my stance on the bbq.

My stance on the Tank Tours, count me (tentatively) in for a southside visit (after I double check the weekend). I am just not sure I can make the entire tour, even though I'd love to. But to have a bunch of folks stop by for a bit is cool with me. :-bd

I only want to comment on the fact that the more activities, the better. People's schedules, work, family is all out there and the more events we have, the more face-face and the more tanks we see... This is something that can foster people to become more active in the club. I am not asking anything more out of anyone. I like how this came up organically and a few people really took to it. Now, they want to try it out and use this forum as it has the best locals around! :-bd but, that's kinda the point of an "open forum" is to talk about ideas and the evolution of ideas and to talk about them amongst ourselves?

My .02 cents, worth .045 canadian :ymparty:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:21 am 
WRS Member
WRS Member

I like the tour idea. I like the idea of mini meets. Is don't have a big mansion of a house otherwise I'd prob host a meeting but a little mini get together easier for me :) I'm all for this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:22 pm 

zesty wrote:
I know I have the backyard to host the bbq, but I don't have the room inside for inclimate weather. I read somewhere to prepare for 50 people? I have a bigger house and don't have room for 50 people. I think the people that can host inside AND outside are limited. (but, I don't know)
With my daughter being gone every other weekend and August having my birthday in there, it's a busy month for me. Family is very important to me, if I have a family event going on the same day as a club meeting, sorry family wins.
I don't know if I can make it, so IMO I don't feel like I should vote on something I am not sure I'm going to attend.
I've heard great things about the bbq, if I can make it, I will. That's my stance on the bbq.

My stance on the Tank Tours, count me (tentatively) in for a southside visit (after I double check the weekend). I am just not sure I can make the entire tour, even though I'd love to. But to have a bunch of folks stop by for a bit is cool with me. :-bd

I only want to comment on the fact that the more activities, the better. People's schedules, work, family is all out there and the more events we have, the more face-face and the more tanks we see... This is something that can foster people to become more active in the club. I am not asking anything more out of anyone. I like how this came up organically and a few people really took to it. Now, they want to try it out and use this forum as it has the best locals around! :-bd but, that's kinda the point of an "open forum" is to talk about ideas and the evolution of ideas and to talk about them amongst ourselves?

My .02 cents, worth .045 canadian :ymparty:

Awesome Matt thanks for your input :-bd Yes our plans are to do this often as once a month if we can get volunteers to do this I would like to have at least 3 tanks per tour. B-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:15 pm 

plainrt wrote:
I like the tour idea. I like the idea of mini meets. Is don't have a big mansion of a house otherwise I'd prob host a meeting but a little mini get together easier for me :) I'm all for this.

Jason you hit it right on the head most people don't have the space for a monthly meeting. And I know some of the meeting size varies from a few to a bunch B-) and the difference between this is only a hour stop or so and on to the next B-)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:54 am 

Hey wanted to do an Update

We are having the first Tour of Tanks on June 28th and yes I do understand this is day after the June's meeting not sure why that matters :-?
But anyways the first tank tour will be at noon :-bd
With 2 more tanks to follow. I didn't want to do a bunch in one day,as this is only about an hour stop or so per tank and I promise I won't keep talking :D so we can move to the next tank I would like to try this every month.
The area will be Caledonia Racine Kenosha for the first tour.
More details to follow after I make some :)]

ALSO this isn't my private deal it's open to everyone. But I will talk to tank owners on the tour to see what max viewers could be ? Me I'm thinking no more than 10 or less ???
Also maybe have central location to meet and Car pool which makes sense to me ?
I will also send out a private pm of there address to attendees unless they don't oppose of posted on site
I'm always open to criticism and I won't be offended also I'm open to
Ideas to make this smooth and a BOOMIN time B-)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:57 am 

Update, I will be at my cousin's wedding that weekend. :-q

So, you can look at it from the window or pick me up on the next tour :-bd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:00 pm 

zesty wrote:
Update, I will be at my cousin's wedding that weekend. :-q

So, you can look at it from the window or pick me up on the next tour :-bd

Lol all good Matt I would like to get your tank on the next tour ? We'll talk my plan is to keep them somewhat closer to each other if all possible B-) Sort of another reason to keep it limited to a few tanks per tour also. I did get a lot of feed back on this and some concerns were what if they have plans on that day of the tour my response was hopefully this isn't the first or last :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:06 pm 

BTW where's Rockstar isn't he the secretary :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:10 pm 

I'm livin in a trailer down by the RIVER...

LOL...I'm at Caezar's swimmin hole getting him some exercise

In my tanks:
140+ lbs of LR
30+ Zoa/paly
30+ SPS
LPS (duncan, frogspawn, hammer)
Tangs: Purple, scopus brown, desjardini, Atlantic blue, tomini Wrasses: melanurus, cleaner The Rest: fuzzy dwarf lionfish, flame hawk, Watermelon rbta, & Rbta

25g cube (plumbed into DT), XAQUA, AI Prime LED, Sicce nano. Garden eel, yellow watchman goby, spotted mandarin in the 25g cube
Other various inverts (in both)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next