Wisconsin Reef Society

The Wisconsin Reef Society
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:48 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:41 pm 

AntiSPAM: No
MSPACHUCA wrote:
Okay. I just read thru 54 responses and still unclear on what you guys are getting together. Can you post what the game plan is as a spectate post? Please :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes this was just a test run thread and wow sorry
Any ways this will be how it work on June 28 th it's a Sunday FYI day after the June's meeting
We will meet at a central location to car pool if poeple want other wise I will send you the address of first stop will be at noon. We will hang at Zoomcorvettes house for about and hour check out his setup and talk reef. Then travel to either Dales (Tech1) house or Carl (Adadwa) or vise versa this is very informal not a meeting, just a group of reefers traveling and making quick stops and getting to see other setups. I will try to do this monthly as we will need volunteers to open up there dwelling for us to stop. Also will try to keep the stops in close proximity to each other. So we wouldn't hit Sheboygan then go to Madison. I'm not sure what the response will be to this but I will limit it to 10 Reefers to travel and try to have 3 stops to view so it's really not a true Round Robin actually. B-) any questions ask away

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:41 pm 

mrtone wrote:
Here we go.
BOOM FOR PRESIDENT [THUMBS UP SIGN]
+1

B-)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:48 pm 

Tonyssrx wrote:
Well I guess you told me for one I wouldn't have to beg for donation because I don't beg for anything B-) BOOM FYI I already have donations for the Tour of Tanks without begging I told you I'm well liked :D
2. Most of the bus trips stops those guys are close friends of mine :-bd
3. I'm not sure I was a star in Santa Claus is coming to town
4.? How would this impact the June's meeting ? How am I stepping on other members events ? Are you saying more people might turn out for this instead ??? And if that's the case who cares it's on Sunday and you as the President should be happy for the club because these are WRS members tanks
5 . And just for calling us misfits is BS you have some issues I never once have I stereo typed you or called you names. Wow
6. I'm not sure why I need to go to leadership it's not a WRS sponsored event as I stated before I have paid my dues and if you want me to pay a sponsor ship fee instead tell me what you need $-) I'm using this forum as its to be used by me, just like everybody else who has paid to be a member here.
7. Also if there is such a position as Entertainment Director who as better than BOOM B-)
8. Not sure what your anger is with me ? but man I thought you actually liked me after our first encounter
9. One more thing you said get into leadership,we'll send me an application B-)
10. I'm done because I can't count past 10 BOOM B-)

This comes down to, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family. We're all sort of one big family, ups, downs, squabbles here and there. It's natural. Just like, I think it's natural to have more events driven by members. I don't think Tony was calling for anything from the club?

If leadership wants to focus on monthly meetings, make the change in the by-laws? It seems as if this is something that is meant to have greater draw or just focused attention on meeting. If that is the situation, let's address it. Then, leadership doesn't have to police the other events... I'm not taking anything away from what leadership has to to. I'm not putting my name down for the fact that I currently am stressed on time and wouldn't be able to give 100%.

I am not trying to take away anything from a thankless job. I worked a support role for about 200 mechanical/electrical/etc engineers for their PDM/3D CAD system for a few years before I couldn't take it anymore. I know this smiley ~x( I know what a thankless job is. Your comments remind me of when I was working that job... ~x( I ended up not liking the people I was supporting. That's ME and my experience...

I don't know, but I've addressed my opinion on extra activities throughout a few posts. The more, the merrier. If it needs addressed, address it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:53 pm 

dre wrote:
MSPACHUCA wrote:
Okay. I just read thru 54 responses and still unclear on what you guys are getting together. Can you post what the game plan is as a spectate post? Please :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've gathered it is an informal tour of member tanks all in one day. Go to someone's house, check out tank, talk a bit about it and then head to the next stop on the tank tour. Sounds fun!

Thanks Dre I think it will be a blast :-bd and also an alternative if they can't make a monthly meetings B-)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:04 pm 

Just to clarify and clear the air a little.

First - everyone take a deep breath and remember why we're here. :-bd

The Round Robin Tank Tour is a great idea! And it's awesome to have members organizing things on their own. This is a good thing!

I think KT's only point is to make sure we don't step on each others gigs. I understand why the 28th came about and I get it. I know there was no ill intent, but it could be considered rude to Tina who is putting in effort to host a meeting on the 27th and now runs the risk that members might be conflicted which event to attend that weekend (if they weren't able to do both).

Again, there was no harm intended and I think we should just move on. This is a well intentioned event that is a good thing. Just in the future, try to make sure we are respectful of others that may have something going on.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:06 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

Well said Ryan.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:12 pm 

:-bd Nice way to say it Ryan, the correct way to say it.

Dale

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:52 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

Tonyssrx wrote:
Well I guess you told me for one I wouldn't have to beg for donation because I don't beg for anything B-) BOOM FYI I already have donations for the Tour of Tanks without begging I told you I'm well liked :D

Want to volunteer to get raffle items? It is the worst part of my job as President. Nothing like holding your hand out for donations for a hobby that you need to have lots of disposable cash to be in.

Tonyssrx wrote:
2. Most of the bus trips stops those guys are close friends of mine :-bd

Then why have you not gotten involved in the planning? We have only been doing it for 8 years!

Tonyssrx wrote:
3. I'm not sure I was a star in Santa Claus is coming to town

Not touching that one.

Tonyssrx wrote:
4.? How would this impact the June's meeting ? How am I stepping on other members events ? Are you saying more people might turn out for this instead ??? And if that's the case who cares it's on Sunday and you as the President should be happy for the club because these are WRS members tanks

Read Ryan's post. Could not have said it better.

Tonyssrx wrote:
5 . And just for calling us misfits is BS you have some issues I never once have I stereo typed you or called you names. Wow

I was going off of what plainrt said, but used the wrong word. He used the word outcast. Was not meant to be mean. I was referring to the group of you (and you know who you are) who post like you are in a chat room (just look at this thread). I've heard lots of great ideas over the years, but nothing has come of any of them.

Tonyssrx wrote:
6. I'm not sure why I need to go to leadership it's not a WRS sponsored event as I stated before I have paid my dues and if you want me to pay a sponsor ship fee instead tell me what you need $-) I'm using this forum as its to be used by me, just like everybody else who has paid to be a member here.

Has nothing to do with money. Many assume that any events on this board are run by WRS. Heck, lots of people thought that Fragstock was a WRS event. I moved this topic to this forum for that reason. You didn't want WRS involved, so its not a WRS event, and I don't want anyone thinking it is a WRS event, for good or bad.

Tonyssrx wrote:
7. Also if there is such a position as Entertainment Director who as better than BOOM B-)

Entertainment Director = Meeting Scheduler = President You want the job? You got to take all of the responsibility, not just the fun stuff.

Tonyssrx wrote:
8. Not sure what your anger is with me ? but man I thought you actually liked me after our first encounter

Not angry, just disappointed. Guess its the ask for forgiveness rather than permission when posting about an event. Todd did the same thing. Why do we have leadership if they are not going to get involved with club events? I'd love to do a Round Robin, but it takes some work to do it right.

Tonyssrx wrote:
9. One more thing you said get into leadership,we'll send me an application B-)

No application, but if interested, you can become a mod, trustee, or run for office. There may be openings, including mine.

Apex Status
Apex Program
Apex History

For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them.

program n. A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's input into error messages - vt. To engage in a pastime similar to banging one's head against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:02 pm 

Unfortunately I was asked not to respond to you anymore about the Tour Of Tanks Good Night B-)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:37 pm 

ryan009 wrote:
Just to clarify and clear the air a little.

First - everyone take a deep breath and remember why we're here. :-bd

The Round Robin Tank Tour is a great idea! And it's awesome to have members organizing things on their own. This is a good thing!

I think KT's only point is to make sure we don't step on each others gigs. I understand why the 28th came about and I get it. I know there was no ill intent, but it could be considered rude to Tina who is putting in effort to host a meeting on the 27th and now runs the risk that members might be conflicted which event to attend that weekend (if they weren't able to do both).

Again, there was no harm intended and I think we should just move on. This is a well intentioned event that is a good thing. Just in the future, try to make sure we are respectful of others that may have something going on.

plainrt wrote:
Well said Ryan.

Thanks

+1

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next