Wisconsin Reef Society

The Wisconsin Reef Society
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:05 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Re: Fragstock 2016....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:47 am 

AntiSPAM: No
kamikaze0214 wrote:
See aznnutty's Facebook post? Guy says he lost 20k in corals.

Happy with the items I picked up.

No, I don't use facepage for this kind of thing.
Why would he have coral loss? I've read other posts from other frag meets about the building housing
the livestock overnight being too cold, etc.
So what happened to his stuff? Surely it wasn't FS's problem/fault? There temps were really nice the day before and of the meet.

10g FW w/ 2 fish- won in raffle of Christmas WRS party years ago

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:48 am 

Todd_Sails wrote:
kamikaze0214 wrote:

Why would he have coral loss? I've read other posts from other frag meets about the building housing
So what happened to his stuff? Surely it wasn't FS's problem/fault? There temps were really nice the day before and of the meet.

I got AZNnutty's card to follow on facebook. I liked a few things he had and if they did well would have probably ordered more from him.

From facepage;
"It's a bad day today. This past Friday I set up at frag stock WI and I had over 20k worth of corals at the show. I invested everything I had and everything I made from macna into corals for the start of the fragswap season. Everything looked great and opened Friday night.
Saturday morning, I was greeted by someone telling me I need to do a water change in one of my tanks. My tank with all my Welsos and torches was cloudy. One of my torches fell apart so I did a big water change and moved some of my more sensitive corals to other tanks. As soon as I did I noticed my mushroom frags and acan frags in my other tanks started to look stressed. A few hours after those tanks for cloudy as well.
At the end of the show, all my mushrooms frags were melted and my acans browned out, my blastos all shrunk and my plates stated to lose tissue. Everything looked stressed. The only tanks that still looked good were the zoas colony tanks and the sun coral tank. The three tanks that I didn't move coral to from the orginal Welso tank with the cloudy water.
It's Sunday early morning and im pasted out on my couch as my employee put corals away. I woke up to go talk to her and see how the rest of the corals are doing. It's all dead except for my Zoa colonies. It's ALL DEAD....
Who ever decided to mess up one of my tanks at the show did well and got 5 out of my 7 coral tanks.
Thank you for financially ruining my life. I hope you know I have no money left to my name except the little money I made from sale from this weekend which is not much."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:12 pm 

kamikaze0214 wrote:
Todd_Sails wrote:
kamikaze0214 wrote:

I got AZNnutty's card to follow on facebook. I liked a few things he had and if they did well would have probably ordered more from him.

From facepage;
"It's a bad day today. This past Friday I set up at frag stock WI and I had over 20k worth of corals at the show. I invested everything I had and everything I made from macna into corals for the start of the fragswap season. Everything looked great and opened Friday night.
Saturday morning, I was greeted by someone telling me I need to do a water change in one of my tanks. My tank with all my Welsos and torches was cloudy. One of my torches fell apart so I did a big water change and moved some of my more sensitive corals to other tanks. As soon as I did I noticed my mushroom frags and acan frags in my other tanks started to look stressed. A few hours after those tanks for cloudy as well.
At the end of the show, all my mushrooms frags were melted and my acans browned out, my blastos all shrunk and my plates stated to lose tissue. Everything looked stressed. The only tanks that still looked good were the zoas colony tanks and the sun coral tank. The three tanks that I didn't move coral to from the orginal Welso tank with the cloudy water.
It's Sunday early morning and im pasted out on my couch as my employee put corals away. I woke up to go talk to her and see how the rest of the corals are doing. It's all dead except for my Zoa colonies. It's ALL DEAD....
Who ever decided to mess up one of my tanks at the show did well and got 5 out of my 7 coral tanks.
Thank you for financially ruining my life. I hope you know I have no money left to my name except the little money I made from sale from this weekend which is not much."

Just FYI, Frost has removed the above statement. Most likely he figured out what really happened with his tank.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:25 pm 

Thanks for the update Ron.

I didn't see him take that down but I did see him post about attending some more swaps.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:59 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

I think just a bad case of chemical warfare from the dead torch. Talked to him some last night and sounds like might keep selling.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:08 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

Ron can he at least post what he found? Or can you ask him to? It gave the swap a bad taste in several ppl's mouths. And I would hate for that sigma to just sit out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:18 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

MSPACHUCA wrote:
Ron can he at least post what he found? Or can you ask him to? It gave the swap a bad taste in several ppl's mouths. And I would hate for that sigma to just sit out there.

He said to me last night that he isn't blaming anyone and wants to move on. I think everyone needs to stop thinking things without knowing and also drop it and move on. I have had lps die in a tank and start same type of war that took out stuff crazy fast.

Last edited by plainrt on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:20 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

Oh I agree! Way too many jump to conclusions about who and what.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:50 pm 

I agree with Jason. Spreading heresay and rumors doesn't help anyone. Frost and his wife are very hard working people. I'm sure the loss that he had is discouraging, but he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to just give up.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:01 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

And not to mention he is a great guy to deal with. Sad situation but gotta move on.