Wisconsin Reef Society

The Wisconsin Reef Society
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:24 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:49 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

I just wanted to give my thoughts on the best fish dry rock now after using a couple times in tanks.I have used dry rock in many of my tanks now.I have had dry rock from Marco rock,Reefcleaners and both brs pukani and reef saver also.I will say the brs pukani is prob the lightest out of the bunch but the shapes can be very hard to work with.The marco rock is very heavy and not very porous.It was my least favorite.The reefcleaners was alot like it also.The brs reef saver is a bit lighter and more porous compared to others and easy to work with.And now on to the best fish rock.My favorite part about this rock is that its local and can pick out ones in store that you think will work for what trying to do.Nothing like ordering rock online and not being able to do what want with the stuff they send.The best fish rock is pretty easy to work with and comes in alot of different shapes.Its fairly light and porous.Also i will say its pretty clean compared to others.The brs pukani is very very dirty.Cleaner rock can save you alot of headaches.Cooking any dryrock will help move things along smoother.Hope this can help anyone decide on rocks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:53 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

Some best fish rock

This one is made of 3 pieces with rod and epoxy.No breaking of rock to get it to fit this way or anything.No one can ever tell how many pieces it is.

This entire setup super solid with no epoxy or rods.

In this one can see after 6 months the arch dry rock piece is completly purple also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:03 pm 

Nice review. I agree with all of the above. I have about 90% best fish dry rock in my current set up. The only thing I would say is it takes a long time to color up with coraline algea.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:29 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

That arch/ overhang in my tank is about 6 months old and not a spot of white left.at times I like white rock lol