Wisconsin Reef Society

The Wisconsin Reef Society
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:37 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Re: Radion Announcement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:39 am 

AntiSPAM: No
Its gunna be one big company at some point. While ims ure they will be the best led out there price will not change

sent from Tom aka lonelyreef the wrasse lover

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:52 am 

Overall I think it'll be a good thing globally. I don't think we'll see an immediate effect of the merger. But the future is bright as these two have the best interface ideas. Pooling development will not necessarily provide a cost benefit, but should give us some new innovation and hopefully cross capability.

Also they should be able to pool part ordering to reduce production cost. This won't translate to immediate cost savings to the consumer, but it will give them more flexibility to compete against China and European manufacturers.

Mostly I hope to see new products, Ecotech's polish and AI's innovation would make for an awesome controller;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reu214/set ... 684596740/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:54 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

Best Fish wrote:
Spazdad wrote:
Hopefully now they can drop the price even more.

Although I hope that is the case, my first reaction was the opposite. In the past they had to be aware of what each other were doing. AI's introduction of Hydras, etc had to have a bearing on how they priced the Radions. That incentive is no longer there.

My thoughts exactly, best case situation is they both improve their products and add more value, but reduced prices I highly doubt, as said no more surprises or aggressive competition. My gut says AI will disappear within 2 years.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:58 pm 

They just want more of control of the market. They can set what ever price they want now, there aren't many top competitors. Especially since the top two just combined forces. Just my two cents.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:12 am 

Brings about a big hype at least. Only time will tell.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:42 am 
WRS Member
WRS Member

Technically the company should be able to buy more raw product to save more money. Prices for LEDs has already shrunk. Even In the last year. As long as ai get some of the benifits from this I will easily change for the Chevy of a light over the Cadillac.

God Built the Oceans in a Single Day ! It will take slightly longer to build mine . . .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:19 am 

Spazdad wrote:
Technically the company should be able to buy more raw product to save more money. Prices for LEDs has already shrunk. Even In the last year. As long as ai get some of the benifits from this I will easily change for the Chevy of a light over the Cadillac.

Sorry Dan, not chasing after you. :ymhug: but with premium products the margins are already there. If they get components even cheaper they wouldn't pass that on to the consumer. The market leader of a luxury good generally doesn't change prices. Not to bring this up again, but has Apple lowered their prices as they have gotten bigger? Nope. There is no need, demand is inelastic. People will pay the price for the premium product, especially considering an even further lack of competition in the premium sector.

I should add that there isn't a right or wrong here because we don't know what will happen. We are all speaking based on other past instances regarding our views.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:19 pm 

It's not really a debate as there is no planned product or service change. It's simply to creat flexibility in a growing market. Think Toyota and Lexus, or Honda and Acura. Radions will maintain the high end market while AI will grab the medium range. They'll save money by pooling resources but that money will not translate to the consumer unless absolutely necessary by competition.

Let's get a group together and start a kick stater campaign and give them some competition;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:28 am 

http://reefbuilders.com/2014/02/26/ecot ... in-forces/

This article reenforces a lot of earlier points even to the car company references. I wonder if they've been reading our posts....