Wisconsin Reef Society

The Wisconsin Reef Society
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:51 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 9 Next
 Post subject: Re: Fragstock
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:05 pm 

AntiSPAM: No
I really liked Todd's idea of name tags if people wanted them. Shirts are probably a bit to much =D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:55 pm 

It looks like everyone had a great time. Poor Dirk was at MACNA the week prior but he had a larger group helping him there, not a one man show for sure.

http://www.reeftronics.net/Dn/drdavis/apex-status
http://www.reeftronics.net/Dn/drdavis/apex-history

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:10 pm 

I got in early to help Dirk unpack, but only Dirk can put everything back in. ^:)^

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:09 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

I was one of the ones who won a membership.......... I just joined a few weeks ago! If I can apply it to 2016 great, otherwise I would gladly donate it to someone in need....school club....anyone curious about the addiction ( I mean hobby).
I think the nametag idea would be a good idea, that might generate some added interest to the club.
That was my first Fragstock and it was quite overwhelming. I appreciate the patience of EVERY vendor in answering my questions and not pushing any products. I actually didn't spend as much as I thought I would, but was actually thinking of where in my tank I would put corals. I picked up some beautiful zoas, a couple of ricordeas and an acan to see how it would do in my system. And, finally, I got a Tunze ato.........you know what I mean.
I was happy to see Best Fish there and was not even aware of The Feed Bag in Mequon.... I'll have to stop in there.
Thanks again to all of the vendors, sponsors and those who set everything up. Hopefully I'll have a bigger tank setup before the next Fragstock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:52 pm 

So, based on the same date for Fragstock 2015,

The countdown clock has started..... 363 days till the nest FRAGSTOCK!

10g FW w/ 2 fish- won in raffle of Christmas WRS party years ago

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:45 pm 

MSPACHUCA wrote:
I don't think the club should pay for a booth to advertise when we as members can do that just by attending these events.

WRS gets a table at Fragstock Wisconsin in exchange for the Fragstock forum here on the WRS site.
The club does not pay for the table.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:46 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

I will be willing to work the table or help out at the show as long as I get to buy a few things also :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:10 pm 

SloppyWhenWet wrote:
kamikaze0214 wrote:
SloppyWhenWet wrote:
I would give away 10 or more memberships as raffle. Let people get a taste of being a member.

I saw 0 raffle tickets in the bowl for the 3 memberships that were being given away. I'm curious if the people they ended up going to are going to use them.

All I saw was the apex :) I figure a free way to advertise and if they don't use it no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on the Apex. Would of been sweet

In my tanks:
140+ lbs of LR
30+ Zoa/paly
30+ SPS
LPS (duncan, frogspawn, hammer)
Tangs: Purple, scopus brown, desjardini, Atlantic blue, tomini Wrasses: melanurus, cleaner The Rest: fuzzy dwarf lionfish, flame hawk, Watermelon rbta, & Rbta

25g cube (plumbed into DT), XAQUA, AI Prime LED, Sicce nano. Garden eel, yellow watchman goby, spotted mandarin in the 25g cube
Other various inverts (in both)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:55 pm 
WRS Member
WRS Member

:-t

First and foremost.... WRS does NOT run Fragstock. Fragstock is run by three dedicated people who happen to be members of WRS, and three people that I am proud to call close friends.

When the idea of Fragstock was introduced, I was probably the strongest voice against WRS running a frag swap for two reasons:
1. WRS does not need to raise operating funds (like MARS)
2. WRS leadership at the time, and now, does not have the bandwidth to run another large event

So WRS partnered with Fragstock. WRS got a membership table at the event, and Fragstock in return got a sponsor forum on the site. First year we got two or three new members, second year zero, so with the lack of any leadership members willing to man the table with me, it was decided to have it unmanned. This was my mistake for not soliciting all members to help man the table. Next year we can look at new ideas, but we need people to volunteer... WRS name tags would be great. I would also like to bring back the for sale items table that we did at the DW swap....but I can't and won't do it alone.

-KT

Apex Status
Apex Program
Apex History

For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them.

program n. A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's input into error messages - vt. To engage in a pastime similar to banging one's head against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:27 am 
WRS Member
WRS Member

If Fragstock needs help, I will be willing to do my part. It is a wonderful thing to help people making their tanks look beautiful.

I understand the WRS does not run it, and I'm cool with that.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 9 Next