Wisconsin Reef Society

The Wisconsin Reef Society
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:08 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
 Post subject: Re: Fragstock
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:41 am 

AntiSPAM: No
flyfisherdan wrote:
I was one of the ones who won a membership.......... I just joined a few weeks ago! If I can apply it to 2016 great, otherwise I would gladly donate it to someone in need....school club....anyone curious about the addiction ( I mean hobby).
I think the nametag idea would be a good idea, that might generate some added interest to the club.
That was my first Fragstock and it was quite overwhelming. I appreciate the patience of EVERY vendor in answering my questions and not pushing any products. I actually didn't spend as much as I thought I would, but was actually thinking of where in my tank I would put corals. I picked up some beautiful zoas, a couple of ricordeas and an acan to see how it would do in my system. And, finally, I got a Tunze ato.........you know what I mean.
I was happy to see Best Fish there and was not even aware of The Feed Bag in Mequon.... I'll have to stop in there.
Thanks again to all of the vendors, sponsors and those who set everything up. Hopefully I'll have a bigger tank setup before the next Fragstock

Welcome! From what I've heard, you'll be happy with the tunze ATO.

IMO Best Fish and The Feed Bag are the 2 best SW/reef stores in the area. I have been to plenty of them around town when I was first starting out. Of course, I had to start with the "below par" stores. However, these two stores have great livestock and wonderful customer service. That right there is the top two (IMO) for bringing a customer back in the door. Best Fish also has so much dry goods, it's awesome when you need something that day and don't want to pay $569 for overnight shipping.

I had a great time at the FStock. It's hard to stop once you get the ball rolling and start at one end and work towards the other...
I ended up with 2 yellow tangs, one for my frag tank, one for my main. I got some tyree space monsters!! :D, for other zoas, scrambled eggs, cherry something (I can't remember ATM). Then I told my daughter to pick out a frag that will be "hers" and she points to some rastas :-o :-bd I love my little girl! The GF bought a rainbow BTA, I got a frogskin acro, setosa, 3 mangroves and I think that was it. I was a total kid in a candy store!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:56 am 

Hello all again.

By name tags- I simply meant something to read on the person that also had their WRS screen name, IF the had one,
And IF they wan't to wear one. They wouldn't have to be a member- but I would recommend it.
Lot's of little perks, and very low cost.

I didn't intend it in any way to be a 'WRS name tag' that would be Ok too though.

I am a promotional guy for the hobby, and would have liked to have spoken face to face with a few people that post regularly that I Haven't met yet. I do know many, and it was great seeing them last Saturday.

Again, hands down, bar none, a great Frag swap/meet.
Thanks to all those that made it possible. There, is that better?

10g FW w/ 2 fish- won in raffle of Christmas WRS party years ago

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:24 am 

Todd_Sails wrote:
Hello all again.

By name tags- I simply meant something to read on the person that also had their WRS screen name, IF the had one,
And IF they wan't to wear one. They wouldn't have to be a member- but I would recommend it.

I didn't intend it in any way to be a 'WRS name tag' that would be Ok too though.

I am a promotional guy for the hobby, and would have liked to have spoken face to face with a few people that post regularly that I Haven't met yet. I do know many, and it was great seeing them last Saturday.

I knew what you meant Todd, you had some blank ones at your last WRS meeting and I just simply put my username on there. It's so helpful, unless I meet/talk to someone more than once, I'll forget their name. I'm just not good at names upon first meeting a person.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:43 am 

zesty wrote:
Todd_Sails wrote:
Hello all again.

I knew what you meant Todd, you had some blank ones at your last WRS meeting and I just simply put my username on there. It's so helpful, unless I meet/talk to someone more than once, I'll forget their name. I'm just not good at names upon first meeting a person.

I've got ADHD, so I'm lucky to remember my name some days

In my tanks:
140+ lbs of LR
30+ Zoa/paly
30+ SPS
LPS (duncan, frogspawn, hammer)
Tangs: Purple, scopus brown, desjardini, Atlantic blue, tomini Wrasses: melanurus, cleaner The Rest: fuzzy dwarf lionfish, flame hawk, Watermelon rbta, & Rbta

25g cube (plumbed into DT), XAQUA, AI Prime LED, Sicce nano. Garden eel, yellow watchman goby, spotted mandarin in the 25g cube
Other various inverts (in both)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:52 am 

jdkrockstar wrote:
zesty wrote:
Todd_Sails wrote:
Hello all again.

I've got ADHD, so I'm lucky to remember my name some days

I'll second that!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:08 am 

glad I'm not the only one! ~x( :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:29 am 
WRS Member
WRS Member

Maybe Wrs could have shirts made with names on them. Would be great for leadership to have them for events like this maybe. Maybe at the Wrs table we could all pitch in free frags and give them out to people wanting and people from
Club take turns at table.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:47 am 

plainrt wrote:
Maybe Wrs could have shirts made with names on them. Would be great for leadership to have them for events like this maybe. Maybe at the Wrs table we could all pitch in free frags and give them out to people wanting and people from
Club take turns at table.

Good idea Jason. I'd throw in some frags and would help man the table. I also know someone who does shirts. The last time I had some made up, I think it was $7 a shirt.

In my tanks:
140+ lbs of LR
30+ Zoa/paly
30+ SPS
LPS (duncan, frogspawn, hammer)
Tangs: Purple, scopus brown, desjardini, Atlantic blue, tomini Wrasses: melanurus, cleaner The Rest: fuzzy dwarf lionfish, flame hawk, Watermelon rbta, & Rbta

25g cube (plumbed into DT), XAQUA, AI Prime LED, Sicce nano. Garden eel, yellow watchman goby, spotted mandarin in the 25g cube
Other various inverts (in both)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:00 pm 

I agree, it's not fair for one person to work the table all day. They are there just like the rest of us, to check everything out!

Make a signup sheet, put them in hour blocks and make sure you have 2 people at the table at all times. Maybe get the volunteers lined up early enough that if something comes up, there could be a backup.

Shirts with names on them would be sweet! I wouldn't expect them for free by any means, since this is a non for profit club. However, I think it would be something that could help out.

I'd donate a frag or two as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:06 pm 

We are down to 362 days to plan this thing out if they keep Fragstock on the same weekend. Glad to see interest! I'm sure Tom would like the help ;)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next