Wisconsin Reef Society

The Wisconsin Reef Society
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:52 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: WRS PROMO
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:09 am 

AntiSPAM: No
Was curious how this went ? didn't really get to talk to any body about it. I also saw WRS members wearing there dog tags are those printed as requested ? I liked the screen name or name idea but it seems it was a little too busy like it didn't stand out enough and all ran together ??? Also Were they handing those out at the WRS table ? B-) ok enough questions :D

Post subject: Re: WRS PROMO
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:48 am 

Location: Milwaukee, WI (1 minute away from The Wisconsin State Fair grounds)
Yes they were printed first for the chicago Shedd trip. So some of us have them and they are printed on request. Not sure whom has the ability to do that etc. I wore mine as I ran the WRS table for an hour. We had 4 people sign up during my time. 3 out of the 4 we're new to the site while one was an unpaid member.im not sure how many people in total signed up, but I believe we had 6 total? Ron can probably answer more when he gets a chance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

"My friend set half a glass of water in from me. He asked if I was an optimist or a pessimist. So I drank the water and told him I was a problem solver."

300G DD Display, 365G Sump with two dual downdraft skimmers, santa monica surf4x scrubber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:14 am 

The name badges were printed up for all paid members and as new members become paid, badges for them are printed.
I started bringing the badges to meetings to hand out starting with the BBQ.
I should have posted here that members could pick them up at the WRS club table at Fragstock but forgot.
I did tell JoEllen that they were there though when the table was getting setup.
I will have them at the Sept meeting for anyone who does not have theirs yet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:02 am 

Conrad wrote:
Yes they were printed first for the chicago Shedd trip. So some of us have them and they are printed on request. Not sure whom has the ability to do that etc. I wore mine as I ran the WRS table for an hour. We had 4 people sign up during my time. 3 out of the 4 we're new to the site while one was an unpaid member.im not sure how many people in total signed up, but I believe we had 6 total? Ron can probably answer more when he gets a chance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Sweet congrats on the new sign ups Conrad :-bd B-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:35 am 
WRS Member
WRS Member

Tonyssrx wrote:
Was curious how this went ? didn't really get to talk to any body about it. I also saw WRS members wearing there dog tags are those printed as requested ? I liked the screen name or name idea but it seems it was a little too busy like it didn't stand out enough and all ran together ??? Also Were they handing those out at the WRS table ? B-) ok enough questions :D

The tags where available and I handed a few out to people I knew that came buy. I didn't think to look for your's but im sure its there, my mistake. You can either wear it with the laynard or like a name tag with a clip which is provided. Problem is you really dont know who was given theirs at a previous meeting and left it at home (guilty as charged) or who hasnt recieved one yet.

The nice thing about the way the tags are designed is that they are actully photos that are folded in half to be insereted as the id. Im assuming we orderd them for all the paid members as we have quite afew left to hand out.

Maybe thats something the new secretary can keep track of, a spreadsheet with the ones we have and the ones that have already been handed out. Usualy Ron has been trying to bring them to meetings or events to hand out.

The flyers went over well and a number of people took those and the buisness. Most people choose to take the one with the most information on it verses the more colorful one with all the photos.

I am keeping those in case we have another occasion to represent WRS and possibly gain more members.

Bruce spoke with some of te Members from the Madison Reef Society and was wondering if we have a way of keeping in contact with theother reef societys in Wisconsin so we can be notified of their events that we may like to attend as well.

In My Tank- Blue Hippo Tang, yellow tang, Two Mai Tai Clowns, Diamond Back Goby, 2 Bangai Cardinals, Melanus Wrasse,Tube Anemone, Watermellon Anemone, 2 snowflake clowns, lawnmower blenny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:38 pm 

Jo Ellen wrote:
Tonyssrx wrote:

The tags where available and I handed a few out to people I knew that came buy. I didn't think to look for your's but im sure its there, my mistake. You can either wear it with the laynard or like a name tag with a clip which is provided. Problem is you really dont know who was given theirs at a previous meeting and left it at home (guilty as charged) or who hasnt recieved one yet.

The nice thing about the way the tags are designed is that they are actully photos that are folded in half to be insereted as the id. Im assuming we orderd them for all the paid members as we have quite afew left to hand out.

Maybe thats something the new secretary can keep track of, a spreadsheet with the ones we have and the ones that have already been handed out. Usualy Ron has been trying to bring them to meetings or events to hand out.

The flyers went over well and a number of people took those and the buisness. Most people choose to take the one with the most information on it verses the more colorful one with all the photos.

I am keeping those in case we have another occasion to represent WRS and possibly gain more members.

Bruce spoke with some of te Members from the Madison Reef Society and was wondering if we have a way of keeping in contact with theother reef societys in Wisconsin so we can be notified of their events that we may like to attend as well.

Great idea JoEllen on keeping track of the tags on the membership spreadsheet. This is something that can easily be added.

Good to hear that the flyers went over well. Thank you for putting those together, organizing and setting up the table. Also a big thank you to the members who volunteered to man the club table.

I spoke with Jerry today and he mentioned that seeing that island of club tables at the swap made him feel good. I totally felt the same way about them, great to see people out there promoting this hobby.

I stay in contact with several members of various clubs within the state and also some outside of the state as well. If WRS members were willing to make the trip to another club event to promote WRS it could be arranged if it was something acceptable with the club hosting the event.

Last but not least...There is a name tag for you Rich, just need to get it to you. \m/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:43 pm 

Cool ya I'm good for traveling with out a problem just let me know when and thank you

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:25 pm 

Location: Milwaukee, WI (1 minute away from The Wisconsin State Fair grounds)
I'm willing to attend other events and promote again if we get the chance

"My friend set half a glass of water in from me. He asked if I was an optimist or a pessimist. So I drank the water and told him I was a problem solver."

300G DD Display, 365G Sump with two dual downdraft skimmers, santa monica surf4x scrubber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:34 pm 

Limpit wrote:
Jo Ellen wrote:
Tonyssrx wrote:

Great idea JoEllen on keeping track of the tags on the membership spreadsheet. This is something that can easily be added.

Good to hear that the flyers went over well. Thank you for putting those together, organizing and setting up the table. Also a big thank you to the members who volunteered to man the club table.

I spoke with Jerry today and he mentioned that seeing that island of club tables at the swap made him feel good. I totally felt the same way about them, great to see people out there promoting this hobby.

I stay in contact with several members of various clubs within the state and also some outside of the state as well. If WRS members were willing to make the trip to another club event to promote WRS it could be arranged if it was something acceptable with the club hosting the event.

Last but not least...There is a name tag for you Rich, just need to get it to you. \m/

Traveling to Chicago for Frankie's swap Oct. 3 let me know make the contacts and I'll be there With A Boom B-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:38 pm 

Tonyssrx wrote:

Traveling to Chicago for Frankie's swap Oct. 3 let me know make the contacts and I'll be there With A Boom B-)

Any room available in the Boom mobile for one more?